Click on Title to Groswater Bay return to Index Page
Click on highlighted name to see location map or inset to see Topo Map excerpt - Use browser back button to return from maps
Place Map
Lat. N
Lon. W
Population
Year/People
History Location
Bluff Head Cove 13I/5
54 24'
57 35'
1901/15
1911/23
1956/3
fishing station
settled before 1900
abandoned after 1956
in Hamilton Inlet
Cunningham Tickle (~ ~ Brook) 13J/1
54 13'
58 13'
/ fishing station south side of Lake Melville
Doublemore (Double Mer) with Rocky Cove, Ely ~, Goudies ~, and Eskimo Island 13J/3
54 04'
59 10'
1911/10
1921/31
1945/12
settled by 1850
abandoned after 1945
west of Rigolet
Fish Cove / 1911/6
1915/7
seasonal use to present
settled by 1910
abandoned by 1940
near the southern entrance to Groswater Bay
Indian Harbour 13I/6
54 27'
57 12'
/ fishing station on the west side of Huntington Island in Sandwich Bay
Johns Bight (~ Point) 13J/1
54 12'
58 18'
/ fishing station
Lesters Point 13J/1
54 12'
58 21'
1901/11
1935/9
settled by 1870
abandoned after 1935
east of Rigolet across The Narrows
Pottles Bay 13I/5
54 26'
57 44'
1956/12 fishing station from 1800
settled by 1870
abandoned by 1960
d on the north side of Groswater Bay 65km northeast of Rigolet
Rattlers Bight   13I/5
54 27'
57 32'
1901/10
1911/18
1935/10
1956/4
settled 1870
abandoned by 1960
on the north side of Groswater Bay 20km northeast of Rigolet
Rocky Cove 13I/5
51 21'
56 06'
1901/9
1945/25
winterplace
settled by 1875
abandoned by 1950
on the north side of Groswater Bay 25km northeast of Rigolet
Smokey, (~ Run) 13I/6
54 28'
57 10'
/ fishing station
Ticoralak Island 13J/8
54 16'
58 13'
1901/12
1921/19
1945/31
fishing station
settled 1878
abandoned by 1970
on the north side of Groswater Bay east of the entrance to Double Mer 18km northeast of Rigolet
Tinker Harbour 13I/4
54 13'
57 51'
1901/11
1921/3
settled by 1885
abandoned by 1925
on the south side of Groswater Bay 40km east of Rigolet
Tuckers Harbour 13I/4
54 13'
57 51'
1901/11
1921/3
settled by 1850
abandoned by 1935
Turners Bight 13J/1
54 13'
58 07'
1911/6
1935/21
1945/8
settled by 1870
abandoned by 1965
on the south side of Groswater Bay 20km east of Rigolet
White Bear Islands 13I/7
54 28'
56 55'
/ fishing station